Who is my MP?

To find out who your MP is go to www.theyworkforyou.com and put in your postcode.

You should only write to your own MP, unless you want to contact a Minister. Even then, it is better to contact your own MP first. 

How do I contact them? Your MP will have a website with contact details, including email address and telephone numbers. All MPs can be contacted at the following postal address:

Name of MP
House of Commons

Please consider sending a copy of your HIV-related letter the APPG on HIV/AIDS, so we know what issues are being raised. Some tips for writing to your MP

Further tips:

  • Always put your home address on the letter, including a postcode
  • Explain the problem clearly.
  • Ask the MP to do something specific. This could be to write to the relevant Minister, putting your views across, or to write to your local PCT.
  • Keep your letter brief – no more than two sides, preferably typed!
  • Don’t be rude and avoid the urge to rant!
  • Anonymous letters will never be considered. If you are worried about confidentiality ensure your letter is marked CONFIDENTIAL and your MP will respect that. MPs are already bound by the Data Protection Act.